|An elegant chocolate mousse served with a brandy, honey sauce. Shared by Simran from Tanzania, East Africa.
|1/2 cup||Sugar||60 gms|
|1-1/4 cups||Milk||300 mL|
|2 tsp||Gelatin, disolved in lukewarm water||10 gms|
|1 tsp||Chocolate essence (optional)||5 mL|
|2 oz.||Semi-sweet chocolate, melted||50 gms|
|1 tbsp||Jam||15 mL|
|1 tbsp||Brandy||15 mL|
|1/2 tbsp||Honey||7 mL|
|2 tbsp||Water||25 mL|
|A few sprigs of mint|
|Lime cut into 4 wedges|
1. Beat the egg yolks with sugar. Add lukewarm milk and cook on low heat till the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
2. Add dissolved gelatin, melted chocolate and chocolate essence. Allow mixture to cool and then place in the refrigerator.
3. Beat egg whites till stiff and stir into the semi-set mousse. Place in refrigerator again and allow to set completely.
4. Place jam and water in a bowl and mix well till jam dissolves and forms a smooth sauce. Add brandy and honey and mix well together.
5. Serve the mousse with the syrup made in step 4 above.